Mathematica pegs core - Can anyone else reproduce?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117440] Mathematica pegs core - Can anyone else reproduce?
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 06:02:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone:

I've noticed some strange behaviour when I try to look at
WaveletListPlot's documentation. One of my core's get's pegged and I
have to kill my Mathematica session. I do via the following:

[1] Open Documentation Centre

[2] Go to WaveletListPlot.

[3] Click open: Options

[4] Click open: Method

[5] Scroll down.

Usually around one of the sound examples the core gets pegged, and
that it's it. Session over.

I run OS X , Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz (Processors: 1, Cores: 4)
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
 Memory: 8 GB

Please let me know if anyone else observes this. I wrote Wolfram
(Premier service) and they cannot reproduce the problem. On a side
note, my Linux home (Kubuntu 10.10) licence also does this....

Thanks in advance,

t.