mathematica for large-scale computing problems for normal users

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117684] mathematica for large-scale computing problems for normal users
  • From: Nabeel Butt <nabeel.butt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:00:09 -0500 (EST)

Dear Users,
Just a suggestion :How about there is some online portal where Mathematica
license holders can make use of parallel computing facilities.For example ,
all of what I need to give you is my program input and the online
Mathematica portal (which has large number of cores and threads ) does all
the parallel computations (over large number of grids ) and gives me both
the input and output in the form of a notebook.There could be check and
balances so that this online facility is not misused.I think this would make
large-scale computing much affordable. Parallel computing is very easy in
C++ because it is very versatile and there are already parallel computing
networks for it, for instance SHARCNET network in Canada.Since , Mathematica
is my language of choice an online parallel computation network would give
Mathematica a great advantage for large scale problems and make it much
affordable for normal users . Many problems in finance , economics , physics
etc which have research value are most often large scale.
Nabeel

--
"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems.The answers we have
found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions.In some ways we feel

Nabeel Butt
UWO,London
Ontario, Canada