Re: Mathematica debugger

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117666] Re: Mathematica debugger
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:56:42 -0500 (EST)

On 24/03/2011 11:30, Michael Stern wrote:
> Can anybody point me to a useful tutorial on the Mathematica debugger? I
> can make it work for toy problems, but as soon as I get to code of
> meaningful complexity, the debugger seems not to work at all. I set
> breakpoints and the code never pauses, even though I know the marked
> functions are being reached.
>
> Also, is it possible to set a breakpoint on a single line of a
> multi-line function?
>
> Thanks greatly,
>
> Michael

I came to the conclusion that the built-in debugger was essentially
useless, so I wrote my own!

You might want to try my free DebugTrace package - available from my
website. Note that it comes with a sensible amount of documentation.

Comments or suggestions would be welcome.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk