Re: Importing into Mathematica from URL (PubMed)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117686] Re: Importing into Mathematica from URL (PubMed)
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:00:31 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Thomas Dowling
<thomasgdowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to import a protein sequence from the PubMed database
> into Mathematica,
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/protein/CAA76847.1
> So my question is the following:  What is so unusual about the PubMed site,

The PubMed site seems to require Java as the following shows.

In[110]:=
imp = Import["http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/protein/CAA76847.1";];
StringSplit[imp, "\n"][[1]]

Out[112]= "Warning:  The NCBI web site requires JavaScript to \
function. more...      "

Indeed, if I try to access the page from Firefox with Javascript
disabled, the data is gone.

Mark McClure