Creating an audio

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118630] Creating an audio
  • From: BoLe <bole79 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 19:49:02 -0400 (EDT)

Is is possible to generate and export an audio consisting of silence
and discretely time-positioned instances of the same sound (short, .1-
second). Something like:

x = Import["sound.aif"]

I tried Play (where I generated x, unsatisfactorily really), but
wasn't successful.

I already have the times x would be placed at, in Mathematica where I
also did everything else (solving my system, animating), and it would
be conveniently to create the audio from there too, and then adding it
to the animation movie with QuickTime.