Another GUIKit query

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118935] Another GUIKit query
  • From: "p.ramsden" <p.ramsden at imperial.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 07:44:59 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Juan, who helped me solve my first GUIKit query.

I now have another, and it's pretty much identical to one that someone
posted seven years ago:

"...I wish to use Mathematic/GUIKit [specifically, the FileDialog
widget: PR] to
1) change the initial directory to something of my choice.
2) provide a file filter string *.gif to restrict files displayed and
selected. ...[in my case the filter is *.nb, but otherwise, same
question: PR]"

Jeff provided an answer to (1), and a suggested approach to (2), back
then, but the former seems no longer to work (unsurprisingly, I
guess), and he made it sound at the time as if a more high-level way
of doing (2) was in the pipeline, so I though I'd ask both questions
again, as neither seems to be documented,

Many thanks in advance,

Phil Ramsden