ListSurfacePlot3D-Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118963] ListSurfacePlot3D-Question
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:14:50 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to plot some financial data in 3d
X-Axis contains a timeline, Y-Axis contains the actual values and Z-Axis
contains several accounts.
The idea is to show a relation between account, time and value.
If I try one of the 3D-Plot-Functions I have not found a way to instruct
mathematica to only connect
points at the top. The plot-functions do create a volume model of the
data, but this isn't what I want.
I like to get a 3D-Contour-Plot.
If I use ListContourPlot3D Mathematica did create several Contour-Layers
and all the layers are on a wrong axis.
Instead of plotting x/y using z as an altitude, Matheatica plots x/z
using y as an altitude.
Changing the order of parameters within the list did not help.
Any ideas?

--
Andre Koppel Software GmbH
Prinz-Handjery-Str. 38