Re: Freely available styleshets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118979] Re: Freely available styleshets
  • From: Chris Degnen <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:17:43 -0400 (EDT)

On May 17, 12:46 pm, "becko" <becko... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I find free collections of stylesheets for Mathematica
> notebooks? Thanks.

The only stylesheet I use is one for wysiwyg coloured-syntax
code printing, which I find very useful.  There might be an
option for this now though.

(Courtesy of Arnoud Buzing at Wolfram, from 2008):

With your notebook open and the frontmost.

Open the notebook's private stylesheet by choosing the
Format -> Edit Stylesheet ...' menu item.

Copy and paste the following cell (with interpretation, i.e.
choose Yes or OK when a dialog comes up):

Cell[StyleData[All, "Printout"], ShowAutoStyles->True,
ShowSyntaxStyles->True]

at the end of the private stylesheet.

Close the private stylesheet.

Print the notebook.

It should be in color now.

To save the stylesheet for frequent use you can use David
Reiss's intructions at this link:

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2007/Oct/msg00084.html

(I actually used his earlier method, but I'm sure this works.)