Re: Mathematica 8 Windows EMF/WMF export with transparent background?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119149] Re: Mathematica 8 Windows EMF/WMF export with transparent background?
  • From: Luci Ellis <luci at verbeia.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 06:24:57 -0400 (EDT)

On 2011-05-22 20:55:35 +1000, Hans Michel said:

Thanks Hans,

> Luci:
>
> Mathematica 7.0 will Export "WMF" and "EMF". But Background -> None, or
> Transparent or GrayLevel[0,0] does not remove the background when exported
> to "EMF" or "WMF" so there is no reason not to explore now.
>
> Export["D:\\akk\\ee.emf",
>  Show[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}], {Background -> None}], "EMF"]
>

> DXF Route:
> Microsoft Office 97 Supported a DXF filter but it has been removed in
> current versions.

The SVG idea is an interesting one but given the institution and
environment, I don't think this will work for this project. Essentially
30-40 or so graphs need to be included in a PowerPoint in the early
morning before the presentation, because of data updates. The people
who do the update are not IT people, but personal assistants and other
administrative people.

Kind regards
Luci