Re: Bug in FourierTransform?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122685] Re: Bug in FourierTransform?
  • From: Rui <rui.rojo at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 05:54:39 -0500 (EST)

I know the # symbol, I was using it to implement fourier transforms of functions, with something like this
Evaluate@FourierTransform[f1[\[FormalT]], \[FormalT], #]&.
I had done it a while ago in a package and just the other day I discovered it failed for these special cases.
Of course, I can understand that FourierTransform might just need symbols as last argument, but I thought it didn't.
I just changed the pure function to a Function[p, Evaluate at ...] and it all seems fine now.
Thanks