Re: Import files on accessible URL and save in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122821] Re: Import files on accessible URL and save in
  • From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 04:56:31 -0500 (EST)

I was wandering if there is a way to modify FetchURL so that it
accepts a maximum number of lines / bytes / specific characters to be read.
E.g. FetchURL[..., MaxNumberOfSeparators -> 10, Separators ->"\n"]
might stop reading from the url when 10 "\n" have been read.

I do not master Java http support libraries enough to do this myself,
but is some cases I would have found this functionality useful.

ADL