Re: Pascal's triangle spacing is off. Need DigitCount?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121204] Re: Pascal's triangle spacing is off. Need DigitCount?
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 04:12:46 -0400 (EDT)

You could use Grid  in combination with ItemSize instead of Row to give
all the entries the same width, e.g.

pascalTrngl2[n_] :=
 Module[{max, sp}, max = Max[Table[Binomial[n, j], {j, 0, n}]];
  sp = Round[N[Log[10, max], 5]];
  Column[Table[Grid[{Table[Binomial[i, j], {j, 0, i}]},
     ItemSize -> sp], {i, 0, n}], Center]]

pascalTrngl2[10]

Heike