Is this a bug ? 1/N[Range] = crash
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121403] Is this a bug ? 1/N[Range] = crash
- From: "g.resta at iit.cnr.it" <g.resta at iit.cnr.it>
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 05:13:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
I was testing an installation of Mathematica 7.0.0 for Linux 64 bits, and I noticed that every time I evaluated the simple 1 / N[Range] or 1.0/N[Range] the kernel apparently crashed. Evaluating it in the textual shell (command "math") the program exits abruptly with the message "Floating point exception". Is this "normal" (then: why?) or is a bug or do you think is a bugged install ? thanks, g.