Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128894] Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akozlowski at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 04:02:07 -0500 (EST)

There is no need for any such option.

I have Mathematica 6,7,8 and now 9 installed on the same MacBook Pro.
They all work without any problems at all. The only thing that I do is
renaming - all the versions before the latest I rename to "Mathematica
version number" (e.g Mathematica 6) and the latest version is just
called Mathematica. That's all you need to do, at least under Mac OS X
(I am sure the same must be true on other platforms).

Andrzej Kozlowski