Terrible unit trouble in Mathematic 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129152] Terrible unit trouble in Mathematic 9
  • From: tio540s1 at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:39:30 -0500 (EST)

I continue to receive "Unable to interpret unit specification m/s" (for example, but almost anything I attempt returns this message) with input:
UnitConvert[55 mi/h,"m/s"] or UnitConvert[55 mi/h,m/s] or any other combination of quotes, omitted quotes, etc. Even the prediction/suggestion box, when I execute Quantity[55,"mi/hour"}, after it returns 55 mi/h, if I type in any combination of m/s, "m"/"s", "m/s", etc. into the box that opens when I select "Convert" in the prediction box yields the same "unable to interpret unit specification.

What the heck????