Re: Input alias for Surd not working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129198] Re: Input alias for Surd not working
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 03:26:42 -0500 (EST)

Also works for me under Windows 7 (running in a Parallels Desktop 8 virtual machine on a Mac running OS X 10.8.2).

On Dec 19, 2012, at 8:14 AM, djmpark <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote:

> But it doesn't work on Windows 7.
>

> From: Murray Eisenberg [mailto:murray at math.umass.edu]
>

> It works for me in version 9 under OS X 10.8.2. And typing it gives the same
> thing as using the "n-th root" button on the Classroom Assistant -- with a
> pair of placeholders.
>
> On Dec 18, 2012, at 2:40 AM, Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> I learned about the new function Surd in Version 9.
>>
>> The docs state that ESCsurdESC shoud be an input alias of this
>> function like Sqrt. But on my System it doesn't work.
>> I am on Mac OSX.
>> Is this a known issue?

---
Murray Eisenberg                                    murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305