MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Slow Refresh of Dynamic Tooltip with ListDensityPlot

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129260] Slow Refresh of Dynamic Tooltip with ListDensityPlot
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 05:07:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newout@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsend@smc.vnet.net

I am obtaining the values of array elements and related information using Tooltip with a ListDensityPlot.  The cell instruction is

Dynamic[Tooltip[Show[ListDensityPlot[aa, DataRange -> {{0, Pi/x0}, {0, Pi/z0}}, PlotRange -> All, ColorFunction -> "Rainbow",
    PerformanceGoal -> "Quality", Frame -> False, PlotLegends -> BarLegend[Automatic, LegendMarkerSize -> 400]],
   Plot[Evaluate[Table[Sqrt[Mod[(kz + m*2*(Pi/\[CapitalDelta]z0))*vz0, 2*(Pi/t0), l*(Pi/t0)]^2 - kz^2], {m, mmin, mmax}, {l, -15, 15, 2}]],
    {kz, 0, Pi/z0}, PlotRange -> {0, Pi/x0}, PlotStyle -> Black, PerformanceGoal -> "Quality"]],
  p = IntegerPart[(Pi/z0)*MousePosition["Graphics", {0, 0}] + {0.5, 0.5}]; Refresh[p, TrackedSymbols -> p];
   {aa[[p[[2]],p[[1]]]], p[[1]], p[[2]], (p[[1]] - 1)*(Pi/((nz - 1)*z0)), (p[[2]] - 1)*(Pi/((nx - 1)*x0))}]]

where aa is a real 65x65 array and all other variables not defined in the cell are real constants.

I would expect Mathematical to respond nearly instantly as the mouse pointer is moved, because only p and the Tooltip output need to be recalculated. In fact, it takes a few seconds for the Tooltip display to change.  Moreover, the whole program has become more sluggish, and even the Mathematica Help Files now respond slowly when the program containing this cell is open. What can I do to fix this.  Thanks.

• Prev by Date: Re: custom label/display for a Manipulate slider?
  • Next by Date: Re: Mathematica via X11 ?
  • Previous by thread: Re: Minimizing Suggestions Bar
  • Next by thread: How to change alignment of Grid/Matrix created using menu (Insert->Matrix/Table->New)