Re: Why does the order of down values come back?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124888] Re: Why does the order of down values come back?
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:33:46 -0500 (EST)

Best I can tell, only the rules with non-patterns (no Pattern-s, no blanks,
etc)  are directly based on hash-tables. And, these are the only rules which ignore manual reordering of the relevant ...Values. Rules with patterns and / or blanks are most likely also hashed in some way for speed, but their order can be manually changed, and my impression was that they come in their original order indeed, when using Sort->False. I may be wrong however, did not do extensive checks on that.

Cheers,
Leonid