LinkOpen problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125117] LinkOpen problem
  • From: Luigi B <l.balzano at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:31:51 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,
 I use to run a local installation of Mathematica 8 on a Windows 7
machine.
To "talk" to an external program (dos executable-> myprog.exe), I used
the following code:

command = "myprog" <> macro;
LinkOpen[ command]

Probably this is not the most elegant solution but it worked!

Now I am running a remote installation of Mathematica 8 on a windows
xp machine and the same command does not work anylonger. The error I
get is:

LinkOpen::linke: Could not find MathLink executable. >>

and a window opens that asks me to "Choose a MathLink program to
launch".

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks, Luigi

PS: I have also tried Run[command] but no results!