Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127419] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:54:52 -0400 (EDT)

I only rarely see this behaviour. (I also use Macs.)

When something like this happens, starting the app with the option key down (I think) resets Mathematica. The problems go away.

Of course, there are any number of other problems that are not helped, but this trick works for me in many cases. I might have to do this once every 6 months or a year. I had to do this most recently -- for almost exactly the symptoms you describe. The problem has not happened again.

Hope this helps.

george