Re: Obtaining densest x% of a Bivariate Distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127483] Re: Obtaining densest x% of a Bivariate Distribution
  • From: Scott Fortmann-Roe <scottfr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 02:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for the reply.

I meant BinormalDistribution instead of BinomialDistribution. In any event,
after further investigation it looks like what I want is not quickly
possible in Mathematica. It appears the only way to do it is to carry out
an evaluation of the PDF across a fine grid and then identify the densest
portions of evaluated grid. It works, but computationally it is too slow
for my needs (this process needs to be repeated many times across many
distributions).

-Scott