export to .m using a cell command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126548] export to .m using a cell command
  • From: Roberto <franceschini.roberto at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 05:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

 I know how to make a .m file using the "Save As" menu. This forces every time to choose the folder where I want to put it and the file name.

As I update frequently my .m  I was wandering if there is a way to make this using a cell command.

I tried something like

Export["~/my.m", EvaluationNotebook[]]

but the .m created does not contain the current notebook, but it's rather empty.

What should I use to save all the cells in the current notebook into a .m?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Cheers
Roberto