Re: Maximisation question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126572] Re: Maximisation question
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at ymail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 05:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 May 2012 10:24:50 +0100, J.Jack.J.
<jack.j.jepper at googlemail.com> wrote:

> For any integer j, suppose we have a function f(j). Then how would I
> find the highest f(i) such that 100 <= f(i) <0 ?
> With thanks in advance.

Exists[f[i], i \[Element] Integers, 100 <= f[i] < 0]

False

While not wishing to be unkind or discouraging, may I suggest that, rather
than repeatedly asking for the code necessary to solve a given problem,
you instead focus on specifying your problems correctly to start with? So
far all three of the problems you have asked about have been misstated, as
well as being very similar to one another such that one wonders if you are
really asking for help in good faith or just hoping for someone to solve
your problem for you.

Best,

O. R.