Re: how to add graphics options in a plot which is already produced and has a manipulator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126695] Re: how to add graphics options in a plot which is already produced and has a manipulator
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 02:50:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 2012.05.29. 11:44, Jennifer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am novice to mathematica and stuck into one problem i.e.
>
>   how can I add graphics option to an already made plot which has a manipulator to control itself.
>
> s = Manipulate[
>     PopupWindow[
>      Graphics[
>       DiscretePlot[Sin[a t], {t, 0, 2 Pi, Pi/6}, ExtentSize ->  Full,
>        ImageSize->Scaled[1], AspectRatio ->  .2]], {a}],
>     OpenerView[{"Vertical", Control[{{a, 1, "Manipulator"}, 1, 30}]}],
>     ControlPlacement ->  Bottom]]
>

> Now I want to add a plot Label by calling the already produced plot s.Because  I dont want the duplication of code again as  I have to use 4  more different plots  in a popupmenu. For eg.  when I select s from popupmenu then it should give the output t
>
> t= Show[ s, PlotLabel->"Popup Window Plot"]  but this is showing error  "Show::gtype: Manipulate is not a type of graphics"

This question has been asked on http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/ as
well, and received some answers there:

http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/6121/how-to-add-graphics-options-to-an-already-produced-plot-having-manipulator

When cross-posting, let's try to link the threads together to avoid
duplication of effort.  (I just included a link to this MathGroup thread
in the Mathematica.SE version of the same question.)

Mathematica.SE had a discussion about cross-posting here, in case anyone
is interested:

http://meta.mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/367/is-there-any-special-kind-of-crossposting-netiquette-for-se-mathgroup-etc

--
Szabolcs Horv=E1t