Remove Mesh/Grid Lines when using 'Show'

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128274] Remove Mesh/Grid Lines when using 'Show'
  • From: Jacob <jacob.m.h.smith at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.

I have a problem with the following command:

Show[
 ParametricPlot[{Sin[a], Cos[a]}, {a, 0, 2 \[Pi]}],
 ParametricPlot[r {Sin[a], Cos[a]}, {a, 0, 2 \[Pi]}, {r, 0, 0.9}, PlotStyle-> {Opacity[0.5]}]
 ]

The surface of the second plot has lines on it. I want to remove them. Setting Mesh->None only gets rid of some of the line, but not all of them. Any idea how to remove them all? I want the surface to be of uniform color.

Note that this is a minimal working example. My actual code is, of course, more complicated. What is important is that the second plot comes second and the first comes first. If I change the order the problem is gone, but I cannot do that in my particular case. It is also important that the second surface is translucent.

Best regards,
Jacob