Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127972] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: Christoph Lhotka <christoph.lhotka at fundp.ac.be>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 04:14:55 -0400 (EDT)

Dear community,

  for me the actual Mathematica FrontEnd is one of the most
sophisticated user interfaces I have ever seen.

  "It is one of the reasons that I use this software and not others."

An example how to build a funny ribbon-like interface in the FrontEnd:

myButton1 :=
  Button["Click me!", $RandomRibbon = $RandomRibbon /.
     i_Integer :> RandomRibbon]
myButton2 := Button["Reset me!", $RandomRibbon = RandomRibbon]
myButton3 :=
  Button["Double me!", $RandomRibbon =
    RandomChoice[{TabView, Row}][{$RandomRibbon, $RandomRibbon}]]
myButton :=
  Column[RandomChoice[{myButton1, myButton2, myButton3},
    RandomInteger[{1, 3}]]]
RandomRibbon :=
  TabView[RandomInteger[{1, 3}, RandomInteger[{1, 3}]],
   ImageSize -> Automatic]
$RandomRibbon = RandomRibbon;
Dynamic[$RandomRibbon /. i_Integer :> myButton]

Of course it has no real built in meaning...it is just for fun.

Christoph