Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127985] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:56:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/5/12 at 3:09 AM, fateman at cs.berkeley.edu (Richard Fateman)
wrote:

>MS Word is simple and powerful text editor with ribbon interface.

All I can say is you and I are worlds apart with respect to what
makes up "a simple and powerful text editor". From my
perspective, I've yet to see any software that fills the bill of
"word processor" that also fills the bill of "a simple powerful
text editor".

My idea of a powerful text editor on the Mac platform is BBEdit
which is far different than MS Word. And given the command line
tools provided by Barebones and Mathematica's ability to run
system level commands, it is trivial for me to send text results
from Mathematica to BBEdit to edit and then return the results
back Mathematica.