Re: creating a graphic in a text cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128167] Re: creating a graphic in a text cell
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:24:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 19, 2012, at 4:55 AM, Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at spinn.net> wrote:

> I'm teaching a statics course that naturally requires a lot of
> depictions of ropes, springs, pulleys, etc.  To produce a graphic box
> I use Ctrl-1 and use the tool palette.  This works, a bit painfully, but
> recently I ran into a need to depict angles with short arcs.  I couldn't
> find a way of doing that that the graphic box would accept.
>
> Is there a way to specify an arc, and if so, how?  I'm running Mathematica
> 8.0.4.0 under Mac OS X.6.8.  Thanks.
>
> - Dushan Mitrovich
>
> PS, is there a way to delete a cell without using the mouse?  The only
> way I know is to click on the right bracket(s), then hit Delete.

To create a circular arc, you may use the built-in command Circle, as in:

  Graphics[Circle[{0, 0}, 1, {Pi/6, Pi/3}],
     Axes -> True, AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}]

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts                  413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                      fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305