Remove cell content

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128199] Remove cell content
  • From: Marco Gabiccini <m.gabiccini at ing.unipi.it>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 03:01:13 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I am running a cascade of optimizations using FindMinimum (basically I
made a wrapper to FindMinimum to use it for Extended Kalman Filtering)
and in order to keep track of the optimization progress I print some
helpful messages (beside writing some files with the actual results). I
end up having a long list of output cells.

The problem comes when I try to delete all output by using the
correspondent command in the menu (or even selecting the output cells
and delete them manually). Mathematica freezes and sometimes it closes.
This problem is really annoying. Of course saving the .nb file with the
output on is not feasible (around 350 Mb of dimension).
It there a workaround?

Thanks,

Marco

Marco Gabiccini, PhD
Assistant Professor of Applied Mechanics and Robotics
Dept. of Mechanical, Nuclear and Production Engineering
University of Pisa
Via Diotisalvi 2, 56122 Pisa PI
Italy