How to process large uncompressed video file frame by frame?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128225] How to process large uncompressed video file frame by frame?
  • From: lshapyd at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 03:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,
I use Import[imageFile, "Data"] to import uncompressed video to process images frame by frame. If the file size is too big Mathematica 8 would give me "No more memory available" error. I tried the command Import[imageFile, {"Data",1}] to import just one frame but still get the same error. Is there a better way to do this without resolving to low level binary file read?

Thanks,
LSha