linux mathematica speed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130524] linux mathematica speed
  • From: Stefan Schwarz <fxbrain at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 01:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

i'm using Mathematica 9.0.1.0 on Linux 3.5 (ubuntu 12.10)
my question is, if someone has some experience speeding up things like
animations and complex graphic output.

(my machine is not cutting edge, but has a i5/2.4GHz cpu...that should be enough.)

i was using Mathematica on the same machine on windows and there is a huge
difference in execution speed, especially with graphics and animations (animate, manipulate etc.)

thanks in advance

stefan