Export to PDF outline issues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130597] Export to PDF outline issues
  • From: iltuje <simon.gravel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 02:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

I've been using Mathematica 8 to generate plots, and now switched to 9. One issue I have is that the outlines in the export to PDF are now all messed up.

When I do:
foo = Graphics[{Blue, Rectangle[{1, 0}, {2, .1}], Red,  Rectangle[{0, 0}, {1, .1}]}]

I get two rectangles of equal height, which is what I want.

If I export this using

Export["~/Desktop/foo.pdf", foo]
Export["~/Desktop/foo.tiff", foo],

the tiff figure looks fine, but the PDF looks terrible, with the second rectangle being wider than the first, and having rounded edges. This permeates through all my figures, and is especially bad for figures with zero-width regions, which display fine in the notebook (i.e., zero-width regions are not shown), but come out terribly at PDF export.