Re: Speak errors (was Re: audio)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130615] Re: Speak errors (was Re: audio)
  • From: debguy <johnandsara2 at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 04:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sorry if I got off topic Richard Fateman.

Sorry I cannot test the audio situation I have an earlier mm ver.  But
i have an idea.

"I have tried to work with pausing and the problem that I am
encountering with pausing is that what ends up happening is the
displaying of the disks is delayed and while the buttons are delayed
they are not disabled, so it still allows that audio to become out of
sync."

(a race condition - that is why I suggested simple waiting.  i see no
solution posted above so let me try again....)

TRY THIS:

The Front-End has it's own evaluator separate from the kernel.  I'm
thinking maybe that's where your split (and then race condition)
occurs.  Make sure all expressions effected are done by one or the
other but are not split in-between both.  See "FrontEndEvaluate" for
more info.  I'm thinking that because I beleive many new features todo
with dynamic front end content have some level of integration with the
new front-end evaluator.