Laptop numpad enter does not evaluate cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132093] Laptop numpad enter does not evaluate cell
  • From: Dan O'Brien <danobrie at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 03:04:29 -0500 (EST)

It's common knowledge that the numberpad "enter" will evaluate cells
without needing the "shift+enter" when using the normal keyboard enter
button.  I have a 17" laptop with full keyboard + numpad but when I use
the enter button on the numpad it behaves like the normal enter, i.e. i
still have to use "shift+enter".  When i plug a USB keyboard in, the
numpad enter works as expected and just evaluates the cell.

I have played with numlock and looked briefly into control panel
settings to see if there's some setting that is not right but there is
nothing obvious. A quick google search turned up nothing obvious.  I'm
wondering if others have encountered this.

In[115]:= $Version

Out[115]= "9.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (January 25, 2013)"