Re: Mathematica v9.0 on linux -- Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131452] Re: Mathematica v9.0 on linux -- Plot3D
  • From: matilley at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 22:05:27 -0400 (EDT)

I have a bit more debugging information, by setting the environment variable:

"LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo"

I get:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed (/usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: nouveau_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so

The newest, 3D nouveau driver (nouveau_dri.so) isn't available in RHEL 6.4 yet, so the program seems to default to the open driver, swrast_dri.so. My guess is that the underlying Mathematica code performs 3D rendering with a call to the open driver with incorrect parameters which causes the 3D rotation.