Re: Panel Data on RLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131082] Re: Panel Data on RLink
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 04:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

On 2013-06-08 06:31:44 +0000, hernand.lopeza at gmail.com said:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Mathematica environment with R in panel data over
> Mac, but I don not why I can upload new packages and for a simple
> function lm, I dont know how to use.
> Any one has a little instruction to use lm and how to charge plm
> package on mathematica? ...
> I am new in both systems.
> I try with lm but the results are too complex, they does not show like
> RSutdio, like a table.

Your question is really difficult to understand.  If you used a machine
translator to write it, please do not do that.  It's better to ask
someone to help you write intelligible English.

Do I understand correctly that you are asking about how to install
packages for the R distribution that comes with Mathematica's RLink?
This is unfortunately not possible on Mac.  But you *can* use an
external R version at least on some OS X systems.  Try installing the
official r-project.org R distribution and try using it as described
here:

http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/a/24545/12

You can then install packages into the external R (separately from
Mathematica) and use them from Mathematica.

With the remaining part of your question, can you try to be a bit more
specific an explain clearly what you are trying to do and what you have
already tried?