Re: visualizing a maximum in the intersection between two surfaces

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131101] Re: visualizing a maximum in the intersection between two surfaces
  • From: Dusko Cakara <dusko.cakara at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 02:32:31 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Leigh,
Thank you! Of course this simple graph is obtained after solving the
problem analytically (solving the set of eqs). However the point that I
must outline to my students is that the condition x+y=1 actually reduces
the dimensionality of x*y, and I think the best way is visualizing the
projection of the x+y=1 line onto the z=x*y surface in [x,y,z].
Best regards
Dusko