can't get InputField to work inside a While command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130778] can't get InputField to work inside a While command
  • From: Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at nnips.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 03:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

I need to be able to input parameters for an a-priori indeterminate
number of cases.  The way I've been trying to do this is by using a
While statement containing InputFields, one of which asks if there are
to be more cases to deal with.  If not, the previously True logical
'test' for While is reset to False.

But apparently InputField is not even recognized as part of the 'body'
inside a While.  By itself InputField works as expected, but not in this
reduced example:

   cntr = 0;
   While[cntr<3, cntr++; InputField[xx]]

which only produces

   1
   2
   3

What am I missing?  Or am I going about this the wrong way?

- Dushan
   [ reverse the middle word of address to reply ]