Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!

I run the windows version of Mathematica 9. Indeed, when I start a fresh
notebook and test e.g. the F1 functionality, it works. But I said that I
have a lot of notebooks in which this, and other handy tools, do not
work.  All these notebooks contain a lot of interactivity. So the
problem is notebook dependent, probably in relation with the dynamics.
As Leigh Pascoe made a similar remark.

With respect to Murray's last question: all errors had to do with
Dynamic showing incorrect inconsistent results.

Finally: though I personally do not need the new functions in
Mathematica 9, I can very well imagine that they are useful to others. I
was not proposing that WRI should not look for improved functionality.

Regards,

Fred