Re: Repeated Integrals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130843] Re: Repeated Integrals
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 05:04:12 -0400 (EDT)

Read the documentation for Integrate

h[x_, a_] = Integrate[L[y, a] g[y], {y, 0, x}];

f[a_, b_, w_] = Integrate[L[x, b] h[x, a], {x, 0, w}];

It is not clear what you want to change and how they are to change during
the N repetitions: a, b, w, or some combination of them? Presumaby you
would use f[a,b,w] inside a Table perhaps flattening (Flatten) the Table
results if you prefer the output as a list rather than a matrix. Read the
documentation for Table and Flatten.

sol = Table[f[a, b, w], {a, 2}, {b, {b1, b2, b3}}, {w, 1, 5, 2}] // Flatten

Using a capital letter for a user-defined function (e.g., L) or starting
the name of a user-defined function with a capital letter is not
recommended.This could result in a conflict (now or in a future version)
with a built-in Mathematica name or function.

Bob Hanlon