How to use Mathematica find the solution of an equation when Arg is part of it?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130871] How to use Mathematica find the solution of an equation when Arg is part of it?
  • From: "Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes" <emammendes at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 04:04:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

I need to solve the following equation:

Arg[-(I/((1+I \[Omega])^2 \[Omega]))]==-\[Pi]

I have tried Solve (empty output), Reduce (it gives some results but not
the answer Omega=1) and FindRoot (it gives Omega=1 but it is a
numerical search).   Is there a way to get the solution not using a
numerical search?

Many thanks

Ed

PS.   I need to solve several equation of the same kind.