Bug in Homogeneous Solution of Differential equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132377] Bug in Homogeneous Solution of Differential equation?
  • From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 01:06:32 -0500 (EST)

I am using Mathematica V9.

When I solve "= dy/dt = ( y )/ (y - t) , y(0) = 1" (using the WA approach within Mathematica), I get the correct answer.

When I select "Solve as an exact equation" I also get the correct result.

However, when I select to solve as a homogeneous equation, it leave the constant and does not appear ro converge.

Is this a bug in step-by-step?

Thanks -A