newsgroup vs. digest vs. status quo

I'm against making the mathgroup into a newsgroup.  I never get around
to looking at news.  Things falling into my mailbox get seen.  If
people are bothered with the number of things, then a digest is the
answer (in my opinion).  But send out the digest every day or every
other day at the most.  Three days would slow down interaction too
much.

  -- David