Mathematica for NeXT, Unbundled Price

Mathgroup,

Now that NeXT, Inc.  has decided to unbundle Mathematica (except for academic
purchasers) the Sales Department at Wolfram tells me that they are considering
charging $1295 for Mathematica for the NeXT machine.  I think this price is too
high.  It is out of line with the cost of the machine, $4995.

I can just afford the machine itself and the thought of paying an additional
26% for my first software purchase is really hard to take.

If you good people agree I would urge you to write to Wolfram and make your
opinions known.  They tell me their price is not firm yet and will consider
comments from current and potential customers.