  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu (Mathematica User's Group)
  • Subject: PDE's and Boltzman
  • From: Keith Clay <clay at galileo.phys.washington.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 16:02:07 MST

Dear Y'all:

There has been a lot of discussion about PDE's lately, and I was
wondering if anybody had any packages that would help with the
following problem:

How to solve a first order PDE-integral equation: Namely, the Boltzman eq.
(in an expanding universe). The integral is only over one variable. Ex:

df/dt + h(t)Edf/dE = Int(G(E')f(E',t))dE'

A friend tells me that he can figure out the evolution of the universe
if he can solve this.  Cool, huh?

Keith (clay at galileo.phys.washington.edu)