Gray-scale PostScript output from mma?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Gray-scale PostScript output from mma?
  • From: Mingzuo Shen <shen at athena.cs.uga.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 92 15:20:23 EST

Hello everyone,

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    I have this ParametricPlot3D etc. plots from
Mathematica 2.1 (RS/6000 version). I saved the
output in PostScript, and the GhostScript-Ghostview
combination is able to display the PostScript
in color. In other words, the graphic is
separated from Mathemtica. The problem is
our hardcopy printer does not yet support
color.

   How can I fool Mathematica to not use color
in generating PostScript? Rather, grayscale
PostScript is more desirable for printing
on paper.

   I am trying to plot the atomic orbitals
using mathematica. Basically I get a surface.
If you know what I am talking about and you
have solved the problem within Mathematica,
your pointers would be appreciated.

(Mr.) Mingzuo (SHEN)