Re: Including MMA postcript graphics in LaTeX documents

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Re: Including MMA postcript graphics in LaTeX documents
  • From: roger at (Roger Germundsson)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93 18:44:56 +0200

> I have tried unsuccessfully to include postcript graphics generated
> by MMA in a LaTeX document using the epsf macros. Is there a more
> efficient way of doing this work?
> To be more specific, I have postcript file that I would like to use
> a part of a logo in heading but it will allways occupies a whole page.
> Jesus Rivero
> Departamento de Matematicas
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad de los Andes.

I make use of these macros a lot. The only problem
when dealing with Mathematica generated graphics
is that Mathematica never computes a correct bounding
box for the graphics. The only way around this
is to actually print the picture pull out a ruler
an measure the correct bounding box, translate
this to pts and insert this with the epsf macro:

\epsfxsize = 2cm
\epsffile[llx lly urx ury]{ file.eps }

llx	-- Lower left x coordinate
lly	-- Lower left y coordinate
urx	-- Upper right x coordinate
ury	-- Upper right y coordinate

Regards		 -- Roger

PS. 	This is something that you should really
	expect Mathematica to handle ...
	I've suggested it to WRI.