Re: Problem with Plot Ticks

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Problem with Plot Ticks
  • From: twj
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 93 09:49:05 CST

>I've been using MM 2.0 on a Macintosh IIcx
>until recently and have been plotting
>functions with commands such as
>
>Plot[Sin[x],{x,-2Pi,3Pi},PlotRange->{-1.2,1.2},
>	Ticks->{ Pi Range[-2,3], Range[-1,1]}]
>
>Tick marks on the x and y axes were properly place.
>
>Now that I have V2.1, the ticks on the x axis
>won't appear.  Has there been a change in Plot or
>is this a bug?

The ticks are there but in this example they are hidden
by the plotting function.  If you try

Plot[x,{x,-2Pi,3Pi},PlotRange->{-1.2,1.2},
	Ticks->{ Pi Range[-2,3], Range[-1,1]}]

you will see they are there.  Alternatively make the
lines thin and increase the size of the plot.

In addition there is no difference in behaviour between V2.1 and
V2.0.  If you try this exact same example in V2.0 you will see the

same behaviour.