Re: Global styles definitions

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Global styles definitions
  • From: Richard Mercer <richard at rmercer.wright.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 1994 08:49:05 -0700

>  I am using Mma on a NeXT and would like to change the
>  definition of a Style once and for all (the font for the
>  Text style is too small), and not have to change it for
>  every new notebook.  Is there a way to do this?

Yes, and I think it's reasonably well documented.
(1) Create a notebook that has styles the way you want them.
(2) Place a copy in the directory ~/Library/Mathematica/Defaults.
    (~ refers to your home directory. The defaults directory may be named e.g.

    Defaults22 if you are using version 2.2, etc.)
(3) Open Mathematica and select the submenu Info/Preferences/File Locations.

    Type under Defaults Notebook the filepath of the file you just placed in

    the Defaults directory.

Richard Mercer