Power PC Speed?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Power PC Speed?
  • From: GLandry at
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 94 15:33:27 EDT

I noticed the Power PC version of Mma is out on the streets.  Does anyone
have a relative speed comparison of this version?

We're currently using Mac Centris 650's w/ Mma ver 2.2 enhanced; using both
local kernals and front ending a NeXT.

If the Power PC Mma speed is compariable to the NeXT, we might buy a Power PC
(the time on the NeXT is really borrowed).

I would appreciate comparisons versus any Mac or NeXT versions.

Gary Landry
glandry at
eelandry at
The University of Texas at Arlington